Winter weather is stressful in our house, more than likely in everyone’s house, but figuring out whether a broken furnace is a threat or just a nuisance can be a real challenge. The only way to know for certain is to have a heating repair specialist take a look at your system so they can figure out what the issue is and get it sorted out.
Maybe your home’s heating system has seen better days, and it might be time to have it replaced. Has your home’s heater been making strange noises? Lost some of its power? Has it stopped the ability to heat your home to even a safe temperature? All these are the signs that indicate you need heating repair services like blueoxenergy.com to come in and get it fixed as soon as possible.
- The heater is making weird sounds– Is your home too hot or too cold, and you have no idea why? There are plenty of reasons your heater might be making strange noises, and one of them is a faulty fan, which, if left unattended, can cause considerable damage. If it jams, then heat can build up and potentially cause a short circuit in the system resulting in it being a fire hazard that could go up at any time.
- Energy bills are increasing – Heating and cooling costs are typically one of the largest expenses for many homeowners. The heating system in your home uses a lot of energy to keep a home warm in the winter and cool in the summer. If utility bills are on the rise, it might be an indication that your home’s heating system needs to be repaired.
- Your unit is not heating or cooling – If your heating system is not heating at the normal rate or cooling your home down properly, you might need to call professionals to see if there is a clog in the system or build-up that is preventing it from working to its optimum level, however, it could be to do with the age of the unit and will need to be fully replaced.
- Your air ducts or home is getting a lot dustier – Dust can be dangerous for mechanical units, especially if it is getting into your home’s air ducts. So, if you have been noticing more dust than usual in your home and your air ducts do not look as clean as they used to be, it might be time to take a good look around for signs that you will need to call in the professionals, especially if you cannot clear the air ducts entirely yourself.
- The carbon monoxide detector is beeping – When your furnace malfunctions, it can be a serious safety hazard. An improper response to a carbon monoxide detector can spell disaster for you and your family, so it is important to know the common warning signs that your heating system needs repairs. Check to see if your furnace is producing CO by using your carbon monoxide detector. If the alarm sounds, turn off your furnace immediately. If you cannot turn it off, get out and close the door behind you. Call your local heating contractor or gas company to have your levels checked to see if there actually is monoxide in your home.
When the weather turns hot or cold, one of the first things to go is your HVAC system. When things start to go south, it can be tempting to DIY your repairs. However, if you do not know what you are doing, you could be causing more damage than good. Plus, you could risk an unpleasant surprise like handling a leaking gas line. Before you diagnose your HVAC system, it is important to know when a repair is necessary.